Several different scenarios can be tested on the Multilane road, such as lane changes, different collision scenarios and crossing scenarios.
The multilane area is 700 metres long and connected to the High Speed Area. It is possible to change the direction of travel in different lanes, as well as to build a temporary central barrier and different types of traffic barrier railings.
The whole area is lit to the normal standard for road lighting. The lighting is designed in four sections that can be individually switched on and off so that one can easily vary between lit and unlit environments. This will make it possible to run tests with repeatable lighting or with the track completely dark or with partial lighting.
- Four lanes with space for barriers.
- Lane markings.
- Acceleration road approx. 300 metres long, 7 metres wide with turning loop for long vehicles.
- 2 % lateral incline for good drainage, split between lane 1 and 2.
- Small intersection
- “Portal” with road signs.
- Separate control room.
- Parking space with outlets to charge electric vehicles and batteries.
- Space for 10 cars plus bus.
- Warehouse for equipment like traffic signs and cones.
- Remote control of targets, balloon cars and driving robots.
- Platform on the roof for visitors and prepared space for 100 spectators.